Cinematic Ideas
I really want to play with the camerawork in this. I'm a big fan of long single takes and so would like to try and implement one into mine.
When I think of my setting, a dining table, one particular shot comes to mind: the long take from American Beauty. In it, the camera moves so slowly towards the characters that the audience has to listen into the characters as nothing else interesting is happening on screen. Sam Mendes was incredibly inventive when thinking of this shot as that force listening allows for the dialogue to properly interpreted, something which I would also like to use in my short film.
I also want to try and highlight the fractured nature of their relationship. At the start, when the husband returns home and the audience meets them for the first time, I want to show the couple in a canted angle, to visually show their tilted and fractured relationship.
I would also like to make as few edits as possible at the start, as nothing has kicked off yet. When the action starts heating up, then I will employ more edits and perhaps more hand-held shaky cam to show how unrelenting this relationship has become.
When I think of my setting, a dining table, one particular shot comes to mind: the long take from American Beauty. In it, the camera moves so slowly towards the characters that the audience has to listen into the characters as nothing else interesting is happening on screen. Sam Mendes was incredibly inventive when thinking of this shot as that force listening allows for the dialogue to properly interpreted, something which I would also like to use in my short film.
I also want to try and highlight the fractured nature of their relationship. At the start, when the husband returns home and the audience meets them for the first time, I want to show the couple in a canted angle, to visually show their tilted and fractured relationship.
I would also like to make as few edits as possible at the start, as nothing has kicked off yet. When the action starts heating up, then I will employ more edits and perhaps more hand-held shaky cam to show how unrelenting this relationship has become.
Comments
Post a Comment