Filming: First Film
I shot on the 16th November with the script in the previous blog entry.
Overall, it went okay. The actors knew all their lines and captured my characters extremely well. The single take idea I had for the table-sitting section during the bulk of the film worked great and using the large film cameras made it easier to do.
However, I do feel as if I am missing quite a few other angles and shots from the start and end sections of the film (the parts basically where the two characters are not sat down). Furthermore, there were some lines which when spoken aloud by my actors did sound unnatural or cringe worthy so I have decided to rewrite several sections of the script.
I hope to film again in the next couple weeks but this time on my phone instead. I always wanted to film on a mobile to add a little bit extra to my short film but didn't know how well it would work out. After my first okay filming session and with a few tests after with my phone, I think I might re-shoot using my phone camera.
Overall, it went okay. The actors knew all their lines and captured my characters extremely well. The single take idea I had for the table-sitting section during the bulk of the film worked great and using the large film cameras made it easier to do.
However, I do feel as if I am missing quite a few other angles and shots from the start and end sections of the film (the parts basically where the two characters are not sat down). Furthermore, there were some lines which when spoken aloud by my actors did sound unnatural or cringe worthy so I have decided to rewrite several sections of the script.
I hope to film again in the next couple weeks but this time on my phone instead. I always wanted to film on a mobile to add a little bit extra to my short film but didn't know how well it would work out. After my first okay filming session and with a few tests after with my phone, I think I might re-shoot using my phone camera.
Comments
Post a Comment