Filming: Second Film

This second time round I filmed entirely on my phone, a Huawei P30 Pro. Although it has great video recording capability, I opted to shoot in a wide angle - this lowered the overall quality of the footage but did obviously widen the video, making the kitchen look bare.

Filming went swimmingly, both Phylly and Ben had previously worked with the script and characters, so rehearsal was not as big an issue. Having edited a little bit between filming also allowed me to see what worked and didn't work. I shot from a few more angles on the argument at the end and changed my approach with the opening shot.

However, the best change was the food: instead of chilli and potatoes, Ben and Phylly had mac'n'cheese and broccoli - a normal meal. Also, broccoli makes a lot less mess than chilli-covered potato.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Act Structure

Set Text: Slap